Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Breakfast Casserole: Ham Egg and Cheese Strata

Finally!  Here is the recipe for that breakfast casserole I made for the baby shower I promised! This is a recipe from my Grandma Hart, and it has always been one of my favorites.  I personally could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I love it.  It's just so cheesy, and eggy, and buttery.... and completely yummy.  I did not complain about making this again to take some better pictures for you. ;)  The recipe is super easy to throw together, and can be done the night before so that all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven.


To print recipe: CLICK HERE

Ingredients:
12  slices white bread, cubed
6 eggs
1/2 pound cheddar cheese
1/2 pound Monterey jack cheese
1 pound ham, cubed
3 cups milk
1/4 pound butter or margarine, melted

Directions:
Layer 1/2 bread, 1/2 cheese, 1/2 meat, and repeat
Mix egg, milk, melted margarine.  Salt and pepper
Pour over bread and cheese layers
Refrigerate.
Bake at 350° for 45 minutes in a 9x13" casserole dish



No comments: